Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Seriously?? Another "Family Values Conservative" bites the dust..

How much do you want to bet that  the  GOP is thanking their lucky stars that THIS time the affair was with a woman...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Via MSNBC)

Saying he "sinned against God, my wife and my family by having a mutual relationship with a part-time member of my staff," Rep. Mark Souder, R-3rd IN, said Tuesday he will resign from Congress. Souder, who won re-nomination to run for a ninth term, said he won't be a candidate in the fall. "I believe it is the best decision for my family, the people of northeast Indiana and our country," he said in a statement. Souder is the latest politician whose political career crumbled under rumors and admissions of extramarital affairs. "In the poisonous environment of Washington, D.C., any personal failing is seized upon, often twisted, for political gain," he said. "I am resigning rather than to put my family through that painful, drawn-out process.




Clearly the best bit is the guy makes a video touting abstainence WITH his  mistress...  Wow. 

1 comment:

Biki Honko said...

What I think is so sad, that having sex outside of marriage dooms someones ability to serve in our political arena. I mean really? How is that any measure of their ability to govern us? All is shows is that they are poor at covering their tracks. Because I will never believe that only the ones who get caught are the ones who are stepping outside of their marriage beds.